All Paid Off

 Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It feels so good to have all my credit card debt paid off!
I'm not someone with a million credit cards, but it still feels great when their balance(s) are $0.

If I have debt in my life, it prevents me from being able to give as much as I could to the Lord or other people in need.
When I remove the debt, I am better able to serve financially when I feel called to give.

I recently told my younger brother something along the lines of, "What is the point to having money if I won't share it with others and give to those in need?  Yes, it helps me pay bills and sometimes I splurge on this-or-that, but it doesn't bring true joy.  If I can help someone else out, then I will always choose to give my money away.  Being able to help someone else out and give of my resources brings me joy.  It's not like I can take the money with me to Heaven."  And I meant it.

Now, I'm not saying this to make myself out to be some overly-gracious, always giving person; I'm not.  But this is my philosophy about money and other material things...whether I truly live it out every day or not, I do believe that we as people are blessed so we can bless others.

So, as I go on from today and start my part-time job again at TMOC, my goal is to continue to give of myself, my time, my resources, and my finances as much as possible-so I can give the glory to God and help to bless others around me through God's graciousness.  And if someday I am the one in need, I believe that God will provide in those circumstances as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP