Delicious Dinner

 Saturday, September 18, 2010

This weekend has been jam-packed with mom and daughter time.

It's been great.  Last night, my mom and I went to a Pampered Chef party (my first one) and I ended up buying knives for my future kitchen, bag clips, a tool that holds things in place while you cut them so you don't cut yourself, and some cutting mats.  

Today, I went shopping with my momma.  We went to Stein's Garden and Gifts, Kohl's, Play it Again Sports, and Mayfair Mall.  I bought a new plant today!  :)  It's a White Butterfly Plant that I named "Bella."
I didn't take any pictures of it yet, but I'll post some on when I take one.  Bella is the newest addition to my other plants; Fred and Luther.

My mom and I went to P.F. Chang's for lunch and then came home for the day.

After the long day of shopping and hanging out, I decided to make some bruschetta for dinner.  It was delicious!  To make the bruschetta, I slice up some french bread and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on it.  

For the first time ever, I used a stoneware slab.  Stoneware doesn't require any pre-heating and it holds heat evenly.  Over time, the stoneware also becomes nonstick and all you have to do to clean it is rinse it with water.

Ok, so back to the bruschetta recipe.  After slicing the bread and drizzling the oil, I create a mixture of:  diced tomato, minced garlic, and italian seasonings (basil, thyme, rosemary, and oregano).  I evenly distribute the tomato mixture on top of each of the bread pieces and then top them with italian cheese.

I threw the bruschetta into the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

This is the "before" picture:

This is the "after" picture:

It was delicious!  My mom and I ate the bruschetta while watching the movie "Just Wright" with Queen Latifah.  It's super cute.  And a great way to end the night.  Now, I'm off to bed before doing announcements both services tomorrow at church.  Sweet dreams all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP