Letters to my Cali Trip

 Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear fish tacos from Ocean Beach Grill, you are very messy, but also extremely delicious.
Dear Ocean Beach, you are beautiful.  I loved watching people (try to) surf on you.
Dear Wild Animal Park, even though I have come to you before, I always enjoy seeing the animals in the safari.
Dear dog beach at Coronado, for people like me (those who don't own a dog), you can be quite overwhelming.  But, it was fun playing on you with Jake and Sparty.  The waves were HUGE the day we came.
Dear San Diego Zoo, you have changed a lot since my childhood.  Thank you for being another fun place to see animals.  
Dear Anza-Borrego Desert, you are a hidden treasure.  Looking at you from a mountainside was a total treat.  Maybe someday I will see you up close.
Dear LA, you are definitely filled with some odd people, but I enjoyed our time together.  

Dear Pink's, you had some delicious hot dogs.  I especially loved the coleslaw dog with onion rings on the side.  Mmmm!
Dear Hollywood, it was good to finally meet you.  You are filled with homes beyond anything I will ever afford.  Your Hollywood Hills are fun to drive up, but also very narrow and sometimes scary.  Hopefully someday I will see you again.
Dear Frank Sinatra, you will always be my love.
Dear Chinese Theater, of course you would have a film shooting in front of you the day after I leave.  Next time, let's have celebrities there when I am present and can take pictures.  :)

Dear Beverly Hills, I didn't feel like I fit in when I visited you.  The homes we saw were ENORMOUS and beautiful, but I will never have the "Beverly Hills Lifestyle" I need to exist in your city.
Dear Scott and Molly, thank you for allowing me to stay with you during my trip to California.  I appreciated your hospitality and catching up with you in person.  It is always a great time when we can be together.
Dear Padres game, you went into 12 innings and the Padres ended up losing afterall, but you were fun to attend.  You did have some crazy people attending your game, however, and things did get rowdy often.  I think it will always be an adventure if/when I attend a Padres game again.
Dear California, I always enjoy visiting you.  You are unlike the Midwest and I appreciate what you have to offer.  I am hoping to see you again in the next year or so.  In the meanwhile, I will be thinking of you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP