Just what I wanted...(not)

 Saturday, September 4, 2010

This morning I woke up with this intense feeling of uneasiness.  Lately, I have been on, what I would call, the "right track".  I have been spending quality time with the Lord each day, eating healthier, brushing and flossing (which makes me feel great too), and haven't felt overwhelmed by anything really.  It's been wonderful!

But this morning, I woke up with butterflies in my stomach and feeling like something is missing...I hate this feeling...

Last night I had a vivid dream about the show Chuck, which I love.  The lead actor, Zachary Levi, is a born-again Christian and someone that I admire a lot for his boldness about sharing his faith with others.  He is a great role model and I respect him a lot as an actor.  Due to the aforementioned qualities, I actually have feelings for him...ugh...that sounds SO lame when I write it out.  I've never met him, and I probably never will, but I think he is wonderful and therefore would be completely excited if I ever had the opportunity to talk with him and meet him in person.  So, my almost-24-year-old self feels like an elementary school kid again with a stupid crush on someone I don't even know.

After my dream last night, which involved me really getting to know Zac and sharing with him how much I respect him, I woke up feeling anxious.  As if, in some weird way, I had hoped that my dream was real life and that Zac and I would end up together.  Again, super lame.

I have struggled with similar feelings as I have watched Chuck and gotten to "know" who Zac is in real life.  And I have prayed that God would protect my heart, even from a man I've never met.  But every so often Zac comes into my mind and I can't seem to shake him.  So, I am continuing to pray and am waiting on God's timing for the man that I am actually supposed to be with, if anyone, down the road.

It's just a sucky feeling waking up and feeling anxious about this situation.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, offer your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

1 comments:

alanajane September 4, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Thanks so much for being open with your blog readers! I love knowing what's going on in your life. And it's not stupid. The more I grow up, the more I realize that no feeling is stupid. They all happen for a reason. You rock for trusting God and seeking Him. Love you!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP