Wednesday Bugs

 Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So, today a bunch of the social workers from Children's Hospital had a meeting that we decided to have outdoors.  The weather today was wonderful (sunny, non-humid, and a light breeze).  When we ate outside the past few days, we would sit at some concrete and pebble tables with benches.  We decided today to sit underneath a large shade tree and eat our lunch/have our meeting there. 

As the meeting progressed, several of the social workers noticed that there were little red spiders covering the concrete table we were sitting at.  No biggie-it's super easy to kill the spiders and they usually don't do much harm.  But then, we also noticed that there were bugs all over the place...falling from the shade tree.  First, I noticed just a little green bug on my hand, which I flicked away.  Then I also noticed a black bug on the back of my shirt and another red bug on my sleeve (both of which I also removed from my clothing). 

Soon, everyone in our group noticed that there were bugs on them.  I took two bugs out of a co-workers hair and helped my supervisor find some bugs on the back of her shirt.  So, we collectively decided it was time to go inside.  After feeling itchy and promising never to sit under the tree again, my supervisor and I went to one of the inpatient floors on the hospital.  We found a consult room to start typing up some notes from the day.  A few minutes into typing the notes, my supervisor found an ant walking near the keyboard of the computer.  After 4 attempts of killing it, the ant finally died.

Minutes later, we found another beetle-like creature near the computer.  All in all, I found another green bug on my shirt, a red beetle-like bug on my sleeve, an ant on my pants, and a small flying bug near my face.  The bugs were on our binders, our lunch bags, and hiding in the creases of our clothes.  Ugh...there were too many bugs around today!

Moral(s) of the story: Do not sit near trees that bugs fall out of.  And it's always helpful to have a friend who can "bug-check" you in spots you can't see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP