Thunderstorms

 Monday, June 21, 2010

There is a severe thunderstorm warning tonight for my county.  This extends westward with tornado warnings.  When weather like this occurs, I enjoy watching the lightning (from the comfort of my living room), but I often wonder if a tornado will hit my hometown.  So far, we have been blessed by not having a tornado destroy the city, but it's always a possibility with the mixture of hot and cold air and thunderstorms. 

Knowing that God is in complete control of the storm and has command over the wind, the rain, and the lightning makes me feel more calm about the weather outside.  If Jesus can command the waves and wind to calm on the sea, He can certainly calm the storms outside and protect our home from harm if it is His will. 

I am always humbled by the magnificence of God, which I am reminded of when severe weather happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP