Sunday Morning

 Sunday, May 30, 2010

Today, our church had the privilege of having a guest speaker, the youth intern and my friend, Titus.  The message was about leaving our comfort zones and putting our complete trust in the Lord.  When we grow to know and fall in love with Jesus Christ, we are more able to put our trust in Him completely and follow Him in everything we do in our lives.

The message revolved around Philippians 4:5b-7, which reads "The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus."

I have often meditated on this verse and what it means in my own life, but I am continually challenged when being taught about trusting the Lord completely.  I find it so difficult to completely surrender everything in my life to God, even when I desperately want to.  Today's message was, yet again, another call to action for me.  A call to grow more in love with the Lord and strive to follow Him, even when (or especially when) I am uncomfortable.

Thank you, Jesus, for speaking through Titus and convicting me of the fact that I am nothing without You.  I pray that I continue to seek Your Word and take steps each day to put You before me.  As I was reminded of today, in my weakness, You, Lord, are strong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP