Workout Plan

 Sunday, July 31, 2011

I am making a decision in my life to start consistently working out again.  I don't have some impossible plan to become a size 2 (I will likely never be that size again), but I do want to start healthy habits that will last a lifetime (I hope).  I'm also reading through a book called "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn.  This book is designed for women to better understand the men in our lives.  If you are a woman and haven't read this book, I would highly recommend it.

The book addresses many topics that are focused on helping us women understand the men in our lives (i.e. how they think, why they do certain things, ways that we can best love and encourage them, etc).  The final topic, which I am currently reading about, talks about the fact that men do care about their woman's appearance, even though they would never tell us that they really do care so much.  A man will notice if a woman cares about how she looks and it emotionally affects him negatively if the woman he loves is dissatisfied with her body, but then doesn't do anything about it.  For example, if a woman complains about the extra pounds she has gained, but then eats junk food all the time, it is really disrespectful and hurtful to the man she is with.  The point is that it matters to him whether we make an effort to improve ourselves, not as much whether we actually lose weight - it's the positive lifestyle changes that matters most.

So, even though *most days* I am content in my body and feel beautiful, I am going to make a decision to live a healthier lifestyle to not only benefit myself, but also to show Bert that I want to look good for him, too - even though he said I already look great in his eyes (what a great guy, hey?).

This workout plan starts tomorrow.  I'll keep you updated about my progress and thoughts as I attempt to start this new habit.  :)  I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP