100th Post

 Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This is my much-delayed 100th post.  So much has changed since my last post...

I am still working at CHW, now 4 days a week, but still as an as-needed employee with no benefits or guaranteed hours per week.  This position has kept me busy and it has been wonderful, challenging, humbling, fun, and eye-opening.  I'm still unsure of what opportunities God will open up for me full-time at CHW, but I'm trusting His timing and praying for something to become available soon.

In addition to this, I went to Columbus, OH over Easter this year to visit with my younger brother and I ended up meeting an amazing man named Robert (well, Bert for short).  It was love at first sight...literally.  God has drawn us closer to each other over the past several months and closer to Himself throughout our long distance relationship.  Being apart from Bert has its challenges and struggles, but our relationship is strong and we both believe that this will be worth the wait.  We are visiting each other every 3-4 weeks and hope to live in the same state by May 2012.  Skype dates are also essential to maintaining our connection with each other.  In addition to this, we have grown even closer through doing a couple's devotional together.  I'm really excited to see where God leads us.

Student loans have recently gone into repayment for me.  I'm thankful that they are manageable at this time and am praying for continued discipline in saving money and budgeting properly.  This will be a continued expense over the next several years, so this is just the beginning of the 'JOY' of paying off my debt (not).

I don't think there is anything else to add at this time.  I'll try to be more consistent at posting, but I haven't been very good at this in the past either.  Dear friends, thanks for reading.  I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP