November Wishes

 Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today, I found myself spending a lot of time in prayer.

Prayer about resting and dwelling in the Lord.
Prayer for my family, who are both mourning and celebrating life circumstances.
Prayer for continued trust in God's plans.
Prayers of praise for who God is.
Prayer for contentment in the present moment.

As I spent time in prayer, I was reminded (once again) at how big our God is.
I am also reminded, and humbled, that God cares enough to listen to my prayers.

Yes, I praise God for who He is and all that He has done.
....For being faithful and loving me.
....For sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to take on all the World's sin and seal our salvation.
....For never leaving my side or going back on His promises.

But many times, I turn to God only in my times of need.
In times when I doubt what His plan is for my life.
When I'm scared about my future, or try to take back control.
In moments when I sin and feel guilty.

I wish I would praise God in all circumstances, consistently.
That I would praise Him, without thinking, in both good times and bad.
So, that is my new mission.

To learn what it looks like to genuinely and sincerely praise the Lord in every moment of every day; regardless of the situation at hand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP